If there is an error during stream playback, check the following:
- Streaming from stations
- First make sure that streaming over the local network works. If error messages appear here, check if the port for streaming is 8001. This is the default port and should not be changed for senders. The port 8002 is for transcoding and should only be used with the option Transcoding. No transcoding should be used on the local network.
- If the error message indicates insufficient tuners, check if your receiver has enough free tuners at the current time. If your satellite receiver has 2 tuners installed, you can usually watch, record and stream at least two programmes. If a recording is in progress and a station is being played back on the TV, streaming will probably not work. This is a technical limitation and not an error of the app.
- If your receiver has only 1 tuner, you can activate the option 'Zap before'. Then the receiver zapsto the station that should be streamed.
- Streaming of recordings
- The streaming of recordings is done via the port of the web interface. Usually this is port 80. If you have changed the port for your web interface, the port for the recordings must also be changed. If you connect externally via HTTPS, the HTTPS port (e.g. 443) must also be set here and the HTTPS option activated
- The streaming of recordings does not require a separate tuner
If the stream is not played back smoothly this can be due to several factors. The app runs absolutely stable and without dropouts on most devices. In most cases the interference is in the environment. The fact that other apps like Netflix, Prime Video etc. work without problems does not say much, because these apps have the possibility to adjust the stream on the server side and to compensate for disturbances. This app must play a constant stream over the network and is therefore susceptible to interference.
Please check the following points:
- Network connection internal: Check if the WLAN connection is stable. The 5 GHz WLAN can be susceptible to interference, check if you can use 2.4 GHz for streaming. Try to move closer to the WLAN router to see if the streaming improves. If you have the possibility to connect your devices via LAN cable, this is always preferable (e.g. LAN adapter for Fire TV Stick).
- Network connection external: If you are streaming over the Internet, please make sure that the upstream in your home network and the downstream on your mobile phone is sufficiently high. For the apps for Enigma2 it is recommended to use Transcoding
- If Bluetooth is active on your mobile/tablet, this can also interfere with the WLAN connection. Deactivate Bluetooth for a trial period
- Test various decoder settings in the app. Under Settings Decoder or Playback settings please try the following combinations:
- Decoder: Internal VLC decoder
- Hardware acceleration: Automatic
- Hardware acceleration: OMX
- Hardware acceleration: MediaCodec
- hardware acceleration: Decoding acceleration: Internal ExoPlayer
- Decoder: Software decoder
- Decoder: Internal VLC decoder
A programme that is being recorded can be played back during this time. However, the playback will stop at the point in time when the playback was started. This is due to the way the Webinterfache/OpenWebif provides the stream and is not due to the App. Currently there is no solution for this. In this case start the playback again.